Furniture Design Engineer
Bryan Ashley, a leading manufacturer of high-end custom hospitality furniture, is seeking an experienced Furniture Design Engineer to join our team.
This position is responsible for modifying drawings to satisfy customer changes (red lines) while enabling ease of manufacturing. Additionally, this position will work cross-functionally with the Project Management team and Quoting teams.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Review engineering drawings
- Modify CAD drawingsReview factory reports for issues as needed
- Work with Project Management team to help identify issues with drawings or with design
- Work with Quoting team to offer options for cost containment
- Some travel for assisting with prototype installation and review
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of millwork or furniture design experience (Hospitality experience a plus)
- Minimum 4 years CAD experience required (Auto or Solid Work experience a plus)
- Furniture construction experience a plus
- Upholstery experience a plusFurniture installation experience a plus
The ideal candidate must be a good culture fit and be able to function independently and as part of a team while working at a fast pace.