Quality Support Coordinator
Bryan Ashley Inc. manufactures furniture for the hospitality industry. The role of the Quality Support Coordinator is to provide both virtual and onsite post-order support to customers with product issues and assist in product improvement. The position will consist of managing quality issues, performing/coordinating furniture repairs and communicating with customers and vendors for the evaluation and resolution of furniture quality issues.
- Collect and analyze furniture issues reported by customers via images and onsite visits throughout fully functional hotel properties and or construction sites, mostly in the US.
- Initiate new repair projects and manage tasks from initial reporting through repair to closeout of issue.
- Hire furniture repair contractors and determine the contractor's ability and experience in performing specific repairs.
- Assist and lead in determining corrective solutions, providing step by step technical direction of furniture repairs and coordinating technicians for repairs
- Assist in furniture installations and manage installation teams with the assembly of custom furniture.
- Provide detailed recommendations for quality and structural improvements needed for mass production of furniture.
- High level of email and phone communication which will include but not be limited to gathering causes or symptoms of issues and detailed reporting of issues to the manufacturer.
- Maintain a detailed daily record of customer, vendor and contractor job progress and reports.
- Must be self-motivated, have a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Furniture construction and repair knowledge is strongly preferred
- Ability to read construction drawings to determine repair solutions
- Ability to read floor plans to create an installation or repair schedule by floor or by product
- Frequent travel to local and out of state job sites will be required for detailed furniture inspections and furniture repairs
- Working knowledge of hand tools, power tools, construction hardware and material for furniture inspections and repairs
- Must be able to take detailed measurements in both American and Metric standards and be able to determine proper hardware solutions based on those measurements
- Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend especially for the inspection of furniture. Lifting of 100 lbs+ may be required.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a high pace environment and prioritize tasks
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reporting via presentations and spreadsheets
- Ability to speak clearly and present detailed plan of correction to customers and help alleviate concerns
- Must be able to travel by airplane and car when necessary
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software.
- Strong communications skills and ability to provide detailed step-by-step instructions to contractors in verbal and written format
- Assistant VP of Operations