Senior Automation & Product Data Specialist
The Senior Automation & Product Data Specialist will serve an important role on the ERP Technology Team, assisting in the company’s initiatives centered around standardization of product data, streamlining of processes spanning from product configuration through manufacturing, and automation within OFS’s production facilities using various technologies. With multiple automation projects underway, this person will be expected to take an immediate role contributing to these projects by leading data rule creation and mapping efforts. As a member of the Technology Department, they will work to provide detailed explanation of requirements to the development team for the successful build and deployment of chosen solutions, while working with engineering teams to ensure the data is being defined, maintained, and passed as required.
Moving forward, this role will be responsible for ensuring that the proper data exists and is maintained to allow for efficient use of manufacturing technologies and equipment currently in place (CAD drawings, CNC, edge banders, etc). Successful data management through easy to follow rules and guidelines will be an on-going goal of this position, while continually reviewing part data to identify standardization opportunities. Also, this person will be tasked with researching and suggesting manufacturing automation equipment that will allow for operational efficiency gains while lowering waste in manufacturing, resulting in a lower environmental footprint.
Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of product data and configuration rules, preferably in the furniture manufacturing industry
- Experience with configuration software
- Experience with Oracle ERP
- Experience with manufacturing automation technology, industry 4.0
- Ability to translate development requirements into business rules, and vice versa
- Ability to drive change
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute to projects through data rule definition and mappings, along with the associated documentation creation
- Ability to research technologies and equipment in the manufacturing and configuration areas