Are you a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional looking for an exciting opportunity? OFS is currently seeking a talented Sourcing Specialist to become a vital part of our team. As a Sourcing Specialist, you will be instrumental in all phases of the the sourcing process, identifying reliable suppliers, and nurturing strong relationships with our current supply base. We value analytical minds, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills in our ideal candidate.
- Initiate and lead component sourcing process for New Product Development initiatives from initial design through implementation.
- Identify and evaluate potential new supply partners while maintaining existing long-term relationships.
- Work with and execute global category strategies that align with core business needs and values.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams through product development or continuous improvement processes as the primary contact between OFS and the supplier.
- Analyze industry trends, emerging technologies, and materials to identify supply base issues, mitigate risk, ensure continuity of supply, and explore new opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and trust with suppliers and internal teams.
- Ability to use tools and software for data analysis to aid in decision making (e.g., Excel, Google Workspace).
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Availability for on-site supplier visits and evaluations via domestic and international travel
- Global sourcing or procurement experience within the office furniture industry is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience in the furniture industry.